Through my years of performing environmental testing in the DFW Metroplex area, I have evaluated numerous risk factors that impact human health from the perspectives of both short term (acute effects) and long term (chronic health issues) impacts.
ScanTech can check for the following key indoor air quality level indicators (many with time-based datalogging available) with rapid onsite results for the following key environmental hazards and atmospheric metrics:
- Formaldehyde (HCHO)
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) including benzene, toluene, etc.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Respirable Dust Particles in PM2.5 (fine) and PM10 (coarse) size regimes
- Oxygen Levels
- HEPA Filtration and other air purifier efficiency
- Relative ventilation levels – critical to know in newer buildings that are “tight”
- Radon Rn-222 Levels (known alpha emitter lung carcinogen) which requires at least 24 – 48 hours to develop
- Mold inspection by a licensed Mold Assessment Consultant – State of Texas Dept. of Health Services License #MAC1387
- Ozone levels for sensitive individuals
- Hydrogen sulfide gas (H2S) from sewer gas
along with atmospheric factors such as:
- Relative Humidity
- Absolute Humidity (actual amount of water in the air)
- Barometric Pressure (to judge whether the structure is under positive or negative pressure with respect to the outside air)
Many residents of the Dallas / Fort Worth area suffer from the following symptoms, ailments, and diseases – much of which can be traced either directly to air quality and composition or is exacerbated by poor air quality:
- Allergies & Sinus Infections
- Eye irritation
- Cognitive issues including difficulty focusing
- Asthma & other breathing difficulties (wheezing, tightness)
- Bronchitis (irritation of the lung bronchi)
These issues can contribute to and/or be symptomatic of more serious ailments such as:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Carbon Monoxide / Carbon Dioxide Poisoning
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Neurological issues due to chemical exposure and/or oxygen deprivation
In many cases, a simple series of air quality tests that detect and report important metrics such as respirable particle levels, VOCs, formaldehyde levels, radon gas, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxygen levels, etc. can narrow down the issue(s) responsible. Very often, mitigation is relatively inexpensive and well worth checking into.
While ScanTech can make suggestions on how to clean up your air, we are not an equipment vendor or installer, so there is no conflict of interest in selling you products that you don’t need. (or that may make things worse)
More information and blogs on this subject here:
We often serve clients in Texas, Michigan and Iowa. Cities for onsite commercial testing and inspection services include: Plano, Highland Park, University Park, Park Cities, Las Colinas, Arlington, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Shreveport, Grapevine, Frisco, Denton, McKinney, Allen, Lewisville, Irving, Mesquite, Bedford, Euless, Richardson, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Garland, Addison, Farmers Branch, Rockwall, Carrollton, Parker, Rowlett, Lucas, Fairview, Park Cities, Keller, Roanoke, The Colony, Highland Village, Lake Dallas, Corinth, Prosper, Duncanville, Lancaster, Rowlett, Royse City, Princeton, Trophy Club, Southlake, Hurst, Round Rock, Georgetown, San Marcos, Cedar Park, The Woodlands and Spring. Counties served include Dallas, Collin, Denton, Tarrant, Rockwall, Harris and Travis County.
LARGER COMMERCIAL PROJECT SERVICE RANGE – NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming | Washington D.C. (District of Columbia)
Countries served include the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland) and Western Europe.
All information on this website either written or implied is the express opinion of ScanTech Technical Consulting. ScanTech Technical Consulting and it’s owners are not responsible or liable for any damages arising from the misuse, misinterpretation or other consequences of the content of this website either in part or in whole. This includes all external weblinks, PDF documents, photos or other references (informational or otherwise) to 3rd parties including government agencies, health organizations, etc.
15770 Dallas Pkwy Suite # 900 Dallas, TX 75248 (Not Accepting Visitors due to C19)
ScanTech Technical Consulting: Professional Electromagnetic EMF EMI Testing for Biomedical Implant & Equipment, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Testing & Environmental Inspections
COPYRIGHT 2002 – 2022